Founded in 1984, Wisconsin Homeschooling Parents Association is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization financially supported only through memberships and donations. WHPA’s work is rooted in a long history and strong institutional memory, and guided by our Mission and Ten Principles.
- Since 1984, WHPA (formerly WPA) has provided decades of continuous service to Wisconsin homeschoolers. Throughout this time WHPA has relied on the dedication and commitment of homeschooling parent volunteers to protect Wisconsin’s reasonable homeschool law.
- WHPA’s member families come from all over the state. At the end of 2020, WHPA included active member families from 67 of Wisconsin’s 72 counties.
- Through the tireless efforts of WHPA’s Question Answering Committee, the organization supports ALL Wisconsin homeschoolers, regardless of WHPA membership status. In 2020, more than 80% of the inquiries answered by the QAC came from non-member homeschoolers and community members.
- As a membership organization, WHPA’s work is driven by homeschooling families who recognize the value the organization provides and choose to join and support this work. In return, WHPA works hard to keep the cost of membership low and provide tremendous value in return.
- WHPA’s grassroots beginnings paved the way for the simple and effective homeschooling law we have today, and it is this ongoing grassroots effort that will continue to serve Wisconsin homeschoolers well into the future. When we speak with one voice we are heard.
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, all the memberships and donations WHPA receives go directly to protecting the rights of homeschooling families and Wisconsin’s homeschool law.
- WHPA’s deep roots in Wisconsin homeschooling communities around the state ensure deep and enduring institutional memory for the organization, while also embracing the vital new ideas and fresh perspectives that keep the organization relevant year after year.
- Wisconsin homeschooling families are tremendously diverse in their beliefs, backgrounds, approaches, and goals. WHPA members stand together in loving our children, valuing our children’s education, and treasuring our freedom to homeschool. WHPA is an inclusive all-volunteer organization, and does not offer opinions in matters of religion or politics. We are strong because of our members.
Last Updated on 02/18/21