What is WPA?
Wisconsin Parents Association is a state-wide, inclusive, grassroots organization dedicated to protecting the right and freedom of parents to provide an education to their children according to their own principles and beliefs.
What Does WPA Do?
Wisconsin Parents Association provides accurate, up-to-date information about Wisconsin homeschooling law, and actively monitors state and national legislation regarding homeschooling. Wisconsin Parents Association helps you advocate for yourself.
Who Are We?
Wisconsin Parents Association understands that homeschooling families are diverse in their beliefs and backgrounds. We stand together in loving our children, valuing our children’s education, and treasuring our freedom to homeschool. Wisconsin Parents Association is an inclusive all-volunteer organization, and does not offer opinions in matters of religion or politics. We are strong because of our members.
Search the WPA website for the accurate information you need:
How Do We Protect Our Homeschooling Freedoms?
There are five main things that you can do, as a homeschooler in Wisconsin, to protect homeschooling freedoms.
- Know the history of homeschooling in Wisconsin and why homeschooling in Wisconsin is unique.
- Know the law and homeschool responsibly. Do what is required of homeschoolers and no more.
- Do not push for additional legislation for homeschoolers. Legislation is often amended and rarely passes in the condition that it was introduced.
- Do not ask for favors from the government. Favors and money from the government naturally come with oversight and regulation.
- Contact your legislators throughout the year to let them know that homeschooling is working in Wisconsin, and that homeschoolers do not support any changes to Wisconsin’s reasonable homeschooling law.