Wisconsin Homeschooling Parents Association (WHPA) is now accepting applications for businesses and organizations wishing to participate in our 40th Annual Homeschooling Conference and Resource Fair. Wisconsin homeschooling families will gather for the event at the Holiday Inn Convention Center in Stevens Point, WI on May 5-6, 2023. Our conference has attracted as many as 800+ attendees and is an excellent way to reach active homeschooling families.
WHPA is the only state-wide, inclusive, non-partisan, grassroots nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the right and freedom of parents to provide an education to their children according to their own principles and beliefs. The theme for this milestone event is “Celebrating 40 Years of Homeschooling Freedom in Wisconsin!”
The Holiday Inn Convention Center in Stevens Point is ideal for WHPA and our attendees because of its central location and high-quality affordable accommodations, and for exhibitors and vendors because it provides attendees easy access to the Resource Fair throughout the entire conference. This year’s Resource Fair will be conveniently positioned in a large ballroom adjacent to breakout and social rooms. Attendees tell us they highly value being able to interact with materials before purchasing and talk to representatives who can answer their questions face-to-face.
There are two ways for businesses and organizations to participate in the event:
1) Resource Fair: Booths are suitable both for exhibitors and vendors. Attendees appreciate meeting you face-to-face, reviewing materials in person, getting questions answered right away, and making purchases on site without having to pay for shipping. Because our conference is geared toward families, we encourage you to consider including interactive, family-friendly elements in your booth to engage children and adults. The locations of the most popular booths will spread through the conference like wildfire and draw attendees into the Resource Fair and to your booth.
2) Swag Bags: Literature such as brochures, catalogs, flyers, coupons, and the like give attendees the opportunity to learn about your company, organization, product(s), and/or service(s) at their convenience, and even draw attendees to your booth with a coupon or other conference promotion! Likewise, useful promotional items keep your name in front of homeschoolers throughout and after the conference. Some suggestions might be a unique pen, pencil, or marker; lapboard, notepad, or notebook; ruler, protractor, compass, or tape measure; magnifier, navigational compass, flashlight, fidget toy, flash drive, pocket calendar, or any number of functional items.
1) Resource Fair
The Resource Fair will be open to attendees from 4-10pm on Friday, May 5, 2023, and 7am-5pm on Saturday, May 6, 2023. Booths must be staffed during these hours.
- Standard Booth: $300 per booth space
- Non-Profit Booth: $250 per booth space
*Documentation is required for Non-Profit booth rate.
- Cottage Industry* Booth: $125 per booth space
*Cottage Industry booth rate is available only to current WHPA members representing their own small business that provides supplemental income for their family.
- Optional Add-Ons:
- Electricity: add $20 per exhibitor or vendor (exhibitor or vendor should supply power strip if needed)
- Swag Bag Insert: add $25 for up to two pieces
- Cork Strip behind table: no additional cost, subject to availability
Each Resource Fair booth consists of an assigned 8’ x 6’ foot space in the designated ballroom of the conference center, and includes one 8′ x 30″ draped table and 2 chairs. Additional racks, free standing signs, displays, etc. are acceptable as long as they fit within the booth space(s). Vendors and exhibitors should allow space within their booth for customers to avoid congestion in the walkways. Multiple booths may be reserved to create a larger space. A cork strip may be available behind your table at 6 feet high for attaching signs. WHPA reserves the right to reject/approve any vendor/exhibitor.
2) Swag Bags
Swag Bags are filled with promotional literature and materials, and are given to every attending family when they check-in at the conference. This is a great way to make sure every attendee receives a takeaway about your company or organization. It’s also a good option for those unable to participate in the Resource Fair.
- Swag Bag Inserts: $80 for up to two pieces
- Cottage Industry* Inserts: $60 for up to two pieces
*Cottage Industry Inserts rate is available only to current WHPA members representing their own small business that provides supplemental income for their family.
The exact quantity needed of each item will be determined 3 weeks prior to the conference. We estimate that the maximum quantity needed should be no more than 800, but cannot guarantee the accuracy of that estimate. Extra materials will not be returned. WHPA reserves the right to reject/approve any swag bag items.
Application and Registration
Applications open on Friday, September 20, 2022 and are due by Friday, January 6, 2023. WHPA’s Board of Directors and Conference Committee will review your application for compatibility with the organization and the event. Application decisions will be made and applicants notified no later than Wednesday, January 18, 2023. If your application is approved, you will receive registration and payment instructions at that time.
We look forward to seeing what you have to offer to homeschooling families in Wisconsin!
Last Updated on 10/04/22